Muteiren question

Everything to do with the Codex Rules, a FAQ, New Rules, Explanations of concepts etc.

Muteiren question

Postby Daeruin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 am

Mutieren says: ""On any bind in an attack, you can throw another die in for a second attack against their original active defense die roll..."

I'm unclear on whether the second attack is a single-die attack, or whether you are rerolling your original dice plus the new die. Does the new attack replace the original attack completely?
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Re: Muteiren question

Postby Galloglaich » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 pm

No it's an additional attack, a new attack.

G
Galloglaich

Postby Daeruin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

So are you getting a free die for this new attack, or does the die have to come from your MP? Can you use more than one die for the attack?

Also, the second half of the feat says: "On any automatic counterattack, your attack die roll will be applied to their previous attack die roll instead of a new roll (similar to Meisterhau). You can do any type of attack except the type you already made...." The last part doesn't make sense to me since to get a counterattack you must have been defending, not attacking.
Daeruin

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok the first part of your question: you get a Free Die for this attack.

So for example, you try to cut them, they block with a die roll of 8, you rolled a 7, you missed. But you use Mutierin, you get a Free Die to make a second attack against their original die roll of 8. So it's a good trick to use whenever your opponent makes a low defensive roll.

The counterattack part refers to if you get this opportunity during a counter attack.

The other requirement is that your second attack has to be different than your first, so for example if you made a cut, it was blocked, and you do Mutierin, your next attack would have to be a slash or a pierce.

G
Galloglaich

Postby Daeruin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 am

OK, so the requirement of the attack being a different type really applies to the offensive use, where I'm attacking, I get a bind, and I use Mutieren to get a new attack.

With the defensive use, I'm using active defense and I get a counterattack by rolling a natural 20, and I use Mutieren so my counterattack is rolled against their original attack--but since I was defending, my new attack can be any type I want.
Daeruin

Postby Galloglaich » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Yep
Galloglaich

Return to Codex Martialis Rules