Hello...

The lower Decatur Street of RpG's, anything goes at the Abbey...

Hello...

Postby dangerdaz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi, just ordered the 2.3 rules and the 2 weapons books as bundles (downloading as i type)..However where do i log on for free updates etc please?
Also a great combat system...will use with rules i have yet to choose...getting back into rp after 23 years break!! :o
daz
dangerdaz

Re: Hello...

Postby Galloglaich » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi Daz,

Thanks!

The free updates is a setting on DriveThruRpg, not sure precisely where, it's just a flag you have to set. If you can't find it llet me know and I'll double check for you.

I do recommend it because updates come out for at least one of the three books probably every couple of weeks.

And welcome to the forum :)

G.
Galloglaich

Postby dangerdaz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks for the greet!
And being a chump i missed the free upgrade links in drive thru... :?
Anyway you can sort that Gallog?

daz
dangerdaz

Postby Galloglaich » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I'll find out. I'll have to email them.

G.
Galloglaich

Postby dangerdaz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks bud...
On a sidenote..im trying to get these printed in a nice format but all printers want £20ish per book, in colour!
Is that about right or am i being ripped off?
dangerdaz

Postby Galloglaich » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 pm

A color print is going to be very expensive, I set up Weapons of the Ancient World Vol. 1 n Lulu to get a copy for myself, I think the full color one was like $30. I still liked it but I figured nobody will want to buy that ...

Lulu will print it in black and white bound with a nice glossy color cover for around $8 or $9 though so that is a bit better. It still looks pretty good, I bought a few copies of that one too for myself.

I'm going to U/L all of them to Lulu soon, hopefully this weekend, and I'll provide links. I think WOTAW I is still on there already but I need to update it to the latest version. That way you can at least get a nice black and white copy reasonably cheap if you want it.

I found some public domain Talhoffer images I wanted to put in there first but I'm not sure if I'll get to that in time, putting them in will require tweaking the whole layout again.

G.
Galloglaich

Postby Galloglaich » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I looked on DriveThruRpg on some of my own orders and couldn't figure it out, so 've emailed their tech support and should hear back from them soon.

G.
Galloglaich

Postby Galloglaich » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Ok this is what they told me, I guess you have to email them:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We don't have a way to do so on site. Just have the customer contact me with the product title and order number and I can ask our tech folks to look into it.

Thank you for your business and please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Jeff Montgomery
Customer Service
DriveThruRPG.com

The email for their customer service is custserv@drivethrustuff.com

G.
Galloglaich

Postby dangerdaz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for all that bud...
Have gone for bnw prints with colour covers all spiral bound etc for £30 for all 3....
dangerdaz

Postby zarlor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm

On the upgrades thing, all you need to do, if you're not getting emails telling you about the updates, is to go to the My Account link in the upper right-hand corner, then under the My Orders section click on "View all products updated since my last download." (Or just use this link: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/account_d ... pdated.php). And is, or at least was, a way to get the site to email you whenever a particular book is updated, but I forget where to set that.
Lenny Zimmermann

"A soldier uses arms merely with skill, whereas a knight uses them with virtuous intention." - Pomponio Torelli, 1596.

- Systeme D'armes, New Orleans, Louisiana
http://www.sdanola.com
zarlor

Return to Abbey Pub