d20pro

The lower Decatur Street of RpG's, anything goes at the Abbey...

Re: d20pro

Postby Galloglaich » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:24 am

Basic Martial Feats
Abzug
Contra Tempo
Cooperative Fighting
Counterstroke
Danse De La Rue
Distance-Fighting
Fühlen (‘Feeling’)
False-edge Cutting
Feint
Formation Fighting
Frenzied Attack
Half-staff
Half-sword Fighting
Improvised Defense
Inscrutable Countenance
Lunge
Main Gauche
Meisterhau (‘Master Cut’)
Mezzo Tempo
Missile Parrying
Mutieren / Duplieren (‘Mutate’):
Nukitsuke (‘the Flowing Cut’)
Point Control
Poll-axe Fighting
Ringen (‘Grappling’)
Riposte
Rollout
Sidestep
Situational Awareness
Shield Fighting
Shield Grab
Shield Slap
Shield Smash
Shield Wrench
Slip-thrust
Steal Initiative
Unflinching
Volley Firing

Advanced Martial Feats
Advanced Cooperative Fighting
Advanced Half-sword Fighting
Advanced Point Control
Advanced Poll-axe Fighting
Advanced Distance Fighting
Bind and Batter
Bind and Strike
Durchlauffen (‘Passing through’)
Niten Ichi (‘Two Swords as One’)
Gioco Stretto (‘The Tight Game’)
Graceful Rush
Grapple and Pin
Kampfringen (‘War-Grappling’)
Missile Catching
Meisterhau Countercut
Morstrosse (‘Murder Strikes’)
Mounted Ringen (Mounted Grappling)
Nachreisen
Pugilism (Boxing)
Ringen Am-Schwert
Winden (‘Winding’)
Tactical Movement
Zucken (‘Twitch Cut’)
The Sucker Punch (Special)

Martial Feats from the FMA
Defanging The Snake
Gunting (Scissors) (Advanced Martial Feat)
Hand Checking
Limb Destruction (Unarmed)
Two Weapon Disarm
Scabbard Break
Galloglaich

Postby zarlor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Daeruin, have you looked at OpenRPG? http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg It's very similar but Open Source, which also means the community is probably active enough to help out in building out sheets and such for it to match the Codex.

On the Pay product side I like Fantasy Grounds (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/), too.
Lenny Zimmermann

"A soldier uses arms merely with skill, whereas a knight uses them with virtuous intention." - Pomponio Torelli, 1596.

- Systeme D'armes, New Orleans, Louisiana
http://www.sdanola.com
zarlor

Postby zarlor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:49 pm

I guess I wold add that, for me, I think it might be more important to see if we could get the Codex integrated into a true Character Creation (and leveling) program. There's already a lot to try to keep track of with just OGL characters to begin with. I think currently, outside of some of the web-based character creators, probably the best product available on that front would be Hero Lab (http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab).

It's very flexible when and pretty easy to work with when it comes to adding in customized options to overlay over current data and such. The problem I have with it for the moment is that it needs more than just that kind of tweaking to get it working with the CM. It looks to be quite capable of doing it, but I'm not enough of a code monkey to figure out just where to start and how to go about doing it.

I do think that if we could get something together for the Codex and just giving it the Hero Lab folks it would certainly help give some needed exposure, I would think. I'm just at too much of a loss as to how to begin doing it.
Lenny Zimmermann

"A soldier uses arms merely with skill, whereas a knight uses them with virtuous intention." - Pomponio Torelli, 1596.

zarlor

Postby Galloglaich » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Maybe the two of us can take a look at it at some point in the near future, enough for you to get a foothold.

Right now I'm already spinning more plates than I can handle with the Codex, I'm trying to finish 8 or 9 documents for the Codex Baltic Beta program while also running the live beta. Character generation of some kind will probably come after that so when it's all done (or at least stable) I'll be probably moving in that direction, but I don't know how long that will be.

But in the meantime maybe i can take a look at the code with you and help you get a foot-hold where you could start tinkering. And of course I can also provide any data etc. that you would need.

G.
Galloglaich

Postby Daeruin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Zarlor, thanks for the suggestions. I looked into OpenRPG for a few minutes a month or so ago, and found the same page you linked to in your post. I quickly decided it wasn't worth my effort. There's not even a link to a page where I could download it. Maybe this is the wrong attitude, but I feel that if I the easiest way to get it is to go to Sourceforge and manually find it by myself, then the software and the community probably aren't at a level where I would feel good using it. Doing a quick Google search and checking out a few of the community pages only confirmed my feeling. Maybe OpenRPG is awesome, but it was too much work to even try to find out, and the community doesn't appear to be centralized enough for my tastes.

Fantasy Grounds looks really cool, actually. I hadn't heard of it before. The fact that you can create your own rule sets is awesome. It is a bit more expensive than d20pro, especially considering you can be a player in d20pro for free (Edit: depending on your situation; a GM license comes with 2 free player licenses, but if those are taken up you have to pay $10 for your own player license), but with Fantasy Grounds you have to pay about $25. I think. There was something about allowing unregistered players, but it never says what that means, and it was only with their "ultimate" package for $150.

And, the kicker... we're already invested into d20pro. Several players have already bought licenses.

A couple players have bought license for HeroLab as well. You can import HeroLab characters into d20pro. It seems like a really cool program. Unfortunately, I can't run it due to having a sissy Mac computer. :) I tried running it with Wine, but apparently I have the wrong graphics card and much of the program appears as gobbledy-gook to me.
Last edited by Daeruin on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Postby Galloglaich » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm

I hate gobbledy-gook*.

G.

* but I love the word.
Galloglaich

Postby zarlor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah, I just noticed the d20pro exporter in Hero Lab while messing around with it just now. At the very least I'll work on modifying some of the files to do things like remove and reword standard SRD Feats to fit Codex rules and I may modify all of the Weapons, although I'm not yet sure how I can add the extra fields needed for that.
Lenny Zimmermann

zarlor

Previous

Return to Abbey Pub