Blade of the Iron Throne

The lower Decatur Street of RpG's, anything goes at the Abbey...

Blade of the Iron Throne

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 pm

A new game associated with the Riddle of Steel has been released by Ian Plumb,

www.bladeoftheironthrone.com

I don't know anything about it really, but Ian is a good guy and the game looks interesting!

G
Galloglaich

Re: Blade of the Iron Throne

Postby Daeruin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I've been following the development of this game off and on. It looks promising. The mechanics are based on The Riddle of Steel, with some tweaking here and there to improve stuff they thought they could improve. At one point they were talking about unifying the mechanics, since TROS basically had three completely different systems for skills, magic, and combat. I'm not sure how far they went in that direction, but I'm really interested to see the final product. Ian and the other two guys who are mainly responsible for the product are all smart and decent folks.
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Postby Galloglaich » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Apparently it's been selling pretty well. I'm looking forward to reading a review.

G
Galloglaich

Postby Daeruin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:44 pm

I just found out about another game based on the Riddle of Steel that's almost ready for release. This one's called Song of Steel and is more focused on historical military drama. The folks working on it seem more in tune with historical European martial arts, which makes me even more excited for this one. Here's a link:

http://www.songofsteel.net/
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Return to Abbey Pub