New year

The lower Decatur Street of RpG's, anything goes at the Abbey...

New year

Postby Daeruin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

So, what's up for Codex Martialis this year? Which of the many projects you have going on do you think will see the light of day? I'm looking forward to seeing new Codex materials this year. :)
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Re: New year

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Daeruin!

I finally finished my last paper for the Acta, which I'll have to work on again probably if it gets through peer review but that shouldn't be for a couple of weeks. So I can get back to game stuff and I'm really looking forward to that.

I started working on an update to the core rules yesterday. This is to put in the critical / severe injuries stuff we had been working on here, plus the new Montante Feats, and a couple of other things like a rule about some piercing weapons getting stuck after a critical hit (which seems to be a big 'thing' that shows up in a lot of manuals).

So there should be an update there pretty soon, I've already done about half of it.

Then getting back to the tough part, the character generation. A few weeks ago, I showed what I had to gavinfoxx who posts here sometimes, and he wasn't too impressed. I'm going to make some changes based on his feedback (such as adding a point-buy option) and do some more streamlining, and then I should have something ready for beta. The other part of this is that I need to go visit Reynard, the artist who did the original art for the first Codex book. He's agreed to do portraits of each of the character types, which I think will be a really big thing. I've got a pretty cool idea about how to do some of the art. But I have to go to his place and spend a couple of evenings with him to get this done. We already did one session in which he did some preliminary sketches which I was pretty stoked about.

And after that, I've got a half-finished magic supplement to complete, and the Baltic adventure.

So yeah, should see some new stuff this year!

G
Galloglaich

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 pm

What I'm really looking forward to is getting the character generation together enough that I can make a bunch of characters, that will for example allow me to rekindle the adventure setting I did, plus make some new smaller one-offs. I also really want to do some combat examples that I can post, maybe even make into an animation or a 'live action' videos with some fencers from my fencing club as a way to promote the Codex.

G
Galloglaich

Postby Daeruin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 am

Awesome! Here's hoping everything goes smoothly and you accomplish all your goals. I'm looking forward to that Codex revision.
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Return to Abbey Pub