Codex elemtns in an AD&D 1st or 2nd campaign

Forum for Codex adaptations for 1st and 2nd edition DnD

Re: Codex elemtns in an AD&D 1st or 2nd campaign

Postby Galloglaich » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:45 pm

JoseFreitas wrote:Also, you might go to the Dragonsfoot discussion page, and look at the discussion regarding the ranges of swords vs. halberds, and give me your opinion on it. I'd like that.

A halberd definitely has a reach advantage over a longsword. Now this can be equalized to some extent by a very good swordsman, there are techniques which can even the odds; but all things being equal, the reach definitelly goes to the longer weapon under normal circumstances. You can also do slip-thrusts and sling-cuts among other things, to effectively give you an enormous reach.

G
Galloglaich

Postby JoseFreitas » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I seem to be unable to enter and post in the Codex Baltic sub-forum, as it is asking me for a password to access it, so...

Just a quick chiming in to tell you how much I liked the book which I purchased a few weeks ago. Though historical settings are not so much my cup of tea, I find this one to be really good, when compared to most of everything else. I'll try to write something a little bit more in-depth further on. Best.
JoseFreitas

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 am

I am delighted to hear this, not many people have read the book, which is still in progress, but it's starting to get some nice responses like yours.

Please let me know if you post a review or something.

The subforum with the password was for a beta- test group that we were running through a campaign / adventure setting based on that book, but it has not been in use for a while. I'll have to remove or reset the password I have forgotten it.

I should make a subforum for the Codex Guide to the Medieval Baltic though
Galloglaich

Postby jorgea » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Are you still active on this forum?
jorgea

Postby Daeruin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:37 am

The forum has been pretty quiet for a few months, but I'm sure Galloglaich is still checking at least sometimes.
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Previous

Return to Codex and older versions of DnD