Counterstroke

The place to discuss the new Martial Feats.

Counterstroke

Postby Daeruin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Codex Martialis wrote:Counterstroke
Benefits: Gain an automatic counterattack against a designated opponent. You must announce that you are using Counterstroke and designate an opponent as your Dodge target. Once attacked by the selected target (assuming you survive the attack) you may immediately counter attack as a special Attack of Opportunity. Only the first attack can be responded to in this way. Once the Counterstroke is executed if the original attacker survives the Counterstroke then they may continue their attacks for the round. This can be very useful when you have lost initiative.
Special: If you generate a Counterattack when executing a Counterstroke you gain a Free Dice for your counter attack, even if you have no pool remaining.
This feat can be used in conjunction with Nukitsuke, Riposte, or the Main Gauche MF. In this case the off-hand weapon can still be used to defend. Those who have the Florentine Defense feat may use the Florentine Defense with the Counterstroke feat.

What exactly is meant by the Special instructions here? How can you generate a counterattack when you are the one attacking? The only way I see this working is if you do an Active Defense against your opponent's first attack, and generate a counterattack before your Counterstroke actually occurs. Is that what it means?
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Re: Counterstroke

Postby Galloglaich » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Daeruin wrote:What exactly is meant by the Special instructions here? How can you generate a counterattack when you are the one attacking? The only way I see this working is if you do an Active Defense against your opponent's first attack, and generate a counterattack before your Counterstroke actually occurs. Is that what it means?

yes... it's not worded very well I'll try to clean it up so it's more obvious.

G.
Galloglaich

Return to The Martial Feats