Feint

The place to discuss the new Martial Feats.

Feint

Postby Daeruin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 am

I've been searching around the forum but can't find this specific question about the Feint MF.

The description says "You expend one or more Free Dice..." Does this mean you can only use Feint when you get Free Dice?
My blog: fantasy fiction, gaming, and music
Daeruin

Re: Feint

Postby Daeruin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 am

Also, I don't understand what it says about using Feint to draw off a Meisterhau-counterstroke. I've read the Meisterhau description, but it says nothing about a counterstroke. It's just a regular attack that doubles as your defense, from what I understand.
Daeruin

Postby Daeruin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 am

Wow, third question about Feint. Actually, it's about Improved Feint. This description says that you can use Feint anytime during the round, even if it's not your turn. But I didn't see anything about the original Feint limiting it to your turn. Apparently all you need is a Free Die from somewhere?
Daeruin

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:49 am

Free Die is a typo. You expend one MP to do a Feint. You can do Feint any time during your segment (your initiative phase) of a melee round. The Advanced Feint MF lets you do it any time at all, such as when someone else is attacking you (very useful!).

Miesterhau-Countercut is another MF (Advanced). If you draw off an MF beforehand with a feint they may not have enough Martial Pool remaining to do it.

G.
Galloglaich

Return to The Martial Feats