Half-sword Fighting feat

The place to discuss the new Martial Feats.

Half-sword Fighting feat

Postby dragonfly » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:35 am

With the Half-sword Fighting feat what weapons are allowed?
dragonfly

Re: Half-sword Fighting feat

Postby Galloglaich » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 am

Off the top of my head I would say all swords size M to VL that are capable of a P (piercing) attack type. There might be some exceptions to that.

I should probably more clearly define it in the Codex...

G.
Galloglaich

Postby Luca C. » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm

OK, old topic, but I would like to ask something about this feat (and feats with similar prerequisites).

The Prerequisites of Half-Sword Fighting are:

"Weapon Focus with any sword which can cause Piercing damage (or equivalent sized staff weapon)."

My questions are:

QUESTION 1
If I have Weapon focus (Arming Sword) and take also the Half-Sword Fighting feat can I use the feat with other swords, for example greatswords or messers?
Or should I take separate feats for each weapon?
(or separate feats for groups of similar weapons, as per your Weapon focus rules on similar weapons).

QUESTION 2:
You say :"....(or equivalent sized staff weapon)..."
Does it man that we can use this feat also with weapons like Spears and Pollaxes? What is a "Staff weapon"?
Luca C.

Postby Galloglaich » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 am

I think it's up to the DM, but for me, yes if you used WF Arming sword to get the feat, it would still apply to swords of a roughly similar size, the limit should be probably any other "Martial" weapon, i.e. not exotics like a Zweihander or a Rapier (though I'd probably give a pass on an Estoc).

As a general rule this applies for most weapons which are similar, and I think I do mention this somewhere in the rules, in the Feat equivalency section I believe.

On your second question, again up to the DM, but personally I would allow it to be used with an equivalent sized, simple hafted weapon like a half-spear, or an angon, though for anything more complex than that like a poll-axe I think you would need 'half staff' MF instead.

G
Galloglaich

Return to The Martial Feats