Online Role-Playing Groups?

Discussion of actual gaming experiences, Codex and otherwise

Online Role-Playing Groups?

Postby Thaeris » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:18 am

Chaps,

I've grown up playing computer RPGs like Avernum/Exile & Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis. For better or worse, I've never been involved with pen & paper games. As I get older and know fewer and fewer people, however, I wonder about ways of retaining some sort of social interaction, which I barely ever had to begin with. :p

...As such, I'd like to know if anyone here makes use of engines like Roll20: https://roll20.net/

...Which can make online communication feasible for tabletop RPGs. If anyone here is doing this sort of thing, what sort of openings do you have for someone looking to engage in this sort of thing? I'd be interested in participating!
Thaeris

Re: Online Role-Playing Groups?

Postby Galloglaich » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:57 pm

I haven't done this but I have some HEMA friends who have, if you want I might be able to put you in touch with them. Jack Gassman was actually running a game partly based on the Codex I think for a while with a bunch of HEMA people, using that tool. Haven't heard from him in a couple of months though.
Galloglaich

Postby Thaeris » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 pm

I'd certainly be interested in any details you could provide. Thanks!
Thaeris

Postby Galloglaich » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:17 pm

PM me your email and I'll see if I can put you in touch with Jack. First I need to check and see if they are still playing I haven't heard from him in a couple of months. He's actually been working with a couple of other HEMA guys on the set of that show Vikings as an actor. Trying to get a film career going.
Galloglaich

Return to Gaming Night